The 13th Meeting of ALIDA was held in parallel at the 72nd Plenary Meeting of the ICAC, on October 3, 2013. Dr. Jorge Cadena of the Colombian Agricultural Research Corporation (CORPOICA) of Colombia, served as the Coordinator of the meeting.
Three prominent American researchers gave their presentations during the meeting: Dr. Wayne Smith and Dr. Steve Hague of Texas A&M University and Dr. Megha Parajulee of Texas Technical University. Their presentations were based on “Trends in the development of upland cotton varieties and education in plant selection”, ”Development of resistance to multiple adversities in cotton”, and ”Current status of Research on the Management of White Fly in Cotton” respectively. Dr. M. Rafiq Chaudhry of the ICAC made his presentation based on the production costs of cotton.
- Mr. Ubaldo Britos, Coordinator, Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, Paraguay
- Dr. Rafiq Chaudhry, Director, Technical Information Section, ICAC, USA
- Mrs. Adriana Gregolin, Regional Coordinator, FAO-Chile
- Dr. Steve Hague, Genetic Breeder, Texas A&M University, AgriLife Research, USA
- Mrs. Dalia Lewi, Researcher, INTA, Argentina
- Mr. Jorge Medina, President, National Council of Cotton Producers, México
- Mr. Camilo Morello, Manager, Embrapa Algodao, Brazil
- Dr. Megha N. Parajulee, Professor, Member of the Teaching Body, Texas A&M University AgriLife Research, USA
- Ing. Agr. Diana Piedra, Coordinator National Project, National Institute of Agricultural Technology, Argentina
- Ms. Lorena Ruiz, Economic Director, Conalgodón, Colombia
- Dr. Wayne Smith, Professor, Deputy Director of Genetic Breeding Department, Texas A&M University, USA
- Ing. Aldo Wuthrich, Director, INTA, Saenz Peña, Argentina